Monday, November 8, 2010

Talking So Much, Understanding So Much

Talking So Much

You are such an amazing little girl. We can't believe how much you are talking lately. Your vocabulary is growing bigger and bigger every day. You say so many things. You repeat everything that is said to you. When we say something to you, you repeat the last word or the key word in the sentence. You just seem to be constantly talking. When you repeat something, you say it in such a cute little voice, and you have intonation in your voice so you are repeating a word as a question. You say a word, and make your voice really cute and high pitched at the end of the word. Its so cute.

On the weekend, you pulled a box of Kraft Dinner out of the cupboard (actually you pulled 3 boxes out at the same time). You brought it to me and said "oopen, oopen". We decided to cook it for you. Mommy, got out a pot and boiled some water. Each time you got impatient, Mommy would say, just wait, I'll cook it for you. You'd then repeat "... aa cooook ... it ?" Haha .. it was so cute.

Also on the weekend, we were sitting around in your bedroom. We could hear Devon and his friend Shawn playing in the family room in the basement below us. You said "aaaa kidds dooin ?" You could hear them playing and asked what are the kids doing. You're so cute.

Saying Thank You
Oh you are so darn cute. I just love it. Most times when we give you something, you say "tink yu" or "teek yu". Its so darn cute how you say it in your cute little voice... and you're so polite too.

You Tired?
Its so cute. When you see Mommy or I yawning, you look at us and in a cute voice say "aa tired?". You're so adorable.

You also said to Mommy a few times, "aa cooowd?" when she was sitting with you with her arms crossed, looking like she was cold.

Cominn Daddee
When you're leaving a room, you'll grab the door knob, then turn around to me and say "aa cominn daddee ?" You're so cute.

Pillow - Lay Down
Last night, I layed down with you in your bed to try to get you to sleep. You tossed and turned and fussed for a long time. I finally decided I'd just get up and see if you'd sleep by yourself. You immediately sat up, grabbed your blanket and started shimmying yourself along so you could get off the bed. So I sat back down. You then layed back down with your blanet. Then you tapped the pillow beside your head, said "paawwoooo .... laaay dowwwn daddee" It was pretty darn adorable.

Playing With Hair Clips
You love playing with your little ponytail elastics. You call them ponnnnies. Last night, I was laying down on your bedroom floor with you when you were playing with them. I played with them with you. I took one little elastic and placed it on the floor, then I surrounded it with about 8 of your small hair clips (that look like flower petals) to make a flower. Then I said look Emma, a flower. And you'd repeat... "a foowwerr ?"
Tonight, you were trying to reach up on your dresser and were saying something like "fowww-werrr" I didn't know what you were saying. Then I realized you were reaching for the little dish with your hair clips and elastics in. I picked it up, sat on the floor with you, then you started taking the pieces out to make a flower like I was doing the night before. You are such a smart baby.

Obsessed With The Potty - Sometimes, Starting To
Tonight, you were pretty obsessed with your potty. You worked to pull your pants off, saying "offf, off, off". Then you opened and took off your diaper. Then you ran naked-bummed, into the bathroom to sit on your little princess potty. You kept running from the bathroom to your bedroom, to the living room. You'd sit on the potty, lean back, look around, get up, look in the tub, say "bye waaater" (you say that when the tub drains after a bath), you go over to the toilet and say "fuuuush", and try to flush it. When you do flush to the toilet, you wave at the water going down and say "byeee peeee"

Anyway, tonight, I was chasing you around, trying to put a diaper on you. It get a diaper on you, then you'd rip it off and head to the potty again. You'd sit on the potty, then you'd get up and say "aa door" and close the door, then sit back down again, then get up, and run back out to the living room, play with some toys, sit down and watch TV,e tc. You kept running back and forth.

I Love You So Much
You are so amazing. I love playing with you. I love sitting with you or laying on the floor with you. I love watching you do everything that you do. I can just sit and stare at you, watching your face, watching your expressions, watching you enjoying life and exploring the world. You're an amazing little girl. I love every day with you. You make me so happy.

I love you sweet baby.
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment