Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Parade & Lights, Haaa-leee Bite, Sleeping In Own Bed, Cooooouch

Hi Wonderful Baby!

Christmas Parade
We went to the Santa Clause Parade in Souris yesterday. We watched it with Grammie, Christa, Layton, Ben and Jenna. We visited Grammie and Old Nanny before we went to the parade. Grammie, Old Nanny and Christa were so impressed with you, how much you've grown, and how well and how much you are talking.

You were pretty excited about the parade. You, Jenna and Ben loved all the candy that people in the parade threw to and handed to you. You stuffed your pockets with candy. Here's a photo of you picking up some candy that someone threw from a float.

You loved all the trucks. You waved and yelled "hiii truck" and waved bye after they went by. Here's a photo of you yelling "hi" to the trucks and people in the parade.


One of the funniest things was how you reacted to a couple potatoes. There were a couple people dressed up as giant potatoes. As you were watching them walk up the road, you were screaming "Hiiiii Tatooooooo ... Hiii Tatoooooooo". It was pretty cute.

Here's a picture of you and Jenna waiting with excitement for the next float to come.


Santa Claus was the last float. You were excited to see Santa and the reindeer, though you were more excited about the potatoes. You don't really understand Santa and Christmas, but your excitement is starting to build. By the time christmas gets here, I'm sure you'll be very excited.
Here's a photo of you and Mommy. You were excited. You were waving and yelling "hi" to Santa Clause and the reindeer.


Putting Christmas Lights Up Outside

We put up some christmas lights on the house and on the bush in the front yard. You came out for a while to play. You didn't stay out too long.... you were getting kinda cold. I followed you around and took a few pictures. Here you are playing in one of your playhouses.


Putting Up Our Christmas Tree

We bought a really nice new artificial christmas tree last night. We put it up tonight. While I put the tree up, you helped me out, played a bit, and walked in circles around the tree. You were playing with the lights and the tree. You said "I liiike it".

Here's a picture of you sitting next to the tree. You really like the lights. You say "tooouch iiiiit". You say that every time we walk by the lights on the tree outside too.


Here's a picture of you playing with the lights on the tree.


Here's a cute picture of you putting an ornament on the tree.


Haaaa-leeee Bite

This morning when we were getting out of bed, you lifted up your pajama shirt, were holding your belly and whimpering that you were hurt. There was a little scratch on your belly. You said "haaaa-leee bite" in a kinda sooky voice. Harley is Grammie's puppy. You were playing with him at Grammie's house yesterday. I guess he must have scratched you :) You said it a few times throughout the day today. You were scratching at your hip at one point and also said "haaaa-leee bite" and later your were scratching at your back and saying the same thing ... sooooo, I don't know. I don't think Harley bit you all over :)

Sleeping In Your Own Bed

I don't think we updated you on your sleeping habits lately. For a long time, I think since we got back from Florida, you don't need to go to our bed to fall asleep any more. We lay down with you in your bed, and you fall asleep. Now, you usually wake up somewhere between 5 am during the week and come trotting into our bedroom. I scoop you up, grab your blankie and throw you in bed between us. Sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night, but not very often. On the weekends, you often don't wake and come into our bed until closer to 7 am.

Coooouch!!!!

You love to watch TV. You love In the Night Garden. When I turn it on, your eyes light up and you say "Pigggo Pigggo" for Iggle Piggle. You also love Toupie and Binou, but you also love watching almost every show on the Treehouse Channel. For the last few days, its been hard to get you to go to bed. When I take you in to bed. You whine and cry and say in a sad, whining voice "couuussssh ... couuussssh" You want to go back to the couch and watch more TV. I try to get you to lay down a few times, and if you're still crying to go to the couch, I take you back out to give you a little more time watching TV. A couple times, it took me a few tries to get you to bed... I'd take you to bed.. you'd cry to go to the couch... I'd take you back out... after a little TV.. I'd take you back to bed... you'd cry again, etc, etc.

Tonight when I took you to bed, you cried to come back to the couch, so I took you out. We watched Toupie and Binou. When it was over 20 minutes later, I quitely said, its time for bed. You said "noo ... couuussh". So I left you for a few minutes. Then you sat up, reached for me, and said "aaa tiimmme for bed ?" So cute. I picked you up, took you to bed and layed down with you. You fell asleep in a few minutes. You were tired.

I love you cute little baby girl!
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment