Friday, February 18, 2011

Bunch of Updates

Hi Baby Girl!

You are such an amazing little girl. You fill us with such joy. You are so happy and full of spark and joy. I just adore you. I lay down with you in your bed every night until you go to sleep. When I go to bed, I check on you and cover you up with all your blankets. Last night I leaned over and watched you for a few minutes as you slept. You looked like such a beautiful angel sleeping. You used to get up around 5 or 6 am and come trotting into our room. I'd scoop you up and put you in bed between Mommy and I. You snuggle in and go back to sleep. You haven't been coming in much lately. You're pretty tired in the mornings and its hard to get you up so early. You can be grumpy and cranky and its hard to get you up and dressed.

Counting, Colours, Etc

You are counting pretty well now. You still say feee fooor feee fooor sometimes when you are counting. The other night you said something like "one, twooo, feee, fooor, feeee, foooor, seven, eight, nine". You point to pictures and say "two" or "three" somethings if there are two or three things in the picture. You mostly know your colours. You point to things and say the correct colour. You don't always get it right. Last night in your bedroom, you pointed at the yellow wall and said "yellow", then pointed to the blue wall and said "blue". You also pointed to the dinosaur decals and said "blue diiiaaasooor". It was funny, you also pointed to the yellow wall and said "Daddeee's wall" and then pointed to the blue wall and said "myyy wall".

My Van

You and I have been playing a silly game while we drive. You always point out to things with excitement and say what they are… like truck, car, etc. I think one day you were pointing at our van and asking "daddy's van … or my van" or something like that. So the game was, I'd smile and look at you and poke my finger a few times at my chest and say "that's my van" … you'd light up with a smile and do the same thing, poking yourself in the chest and saying "that's - myyy - vannnn". We do that back and forth and have a good laugh over it.

Your Yangeee and New Blankeys

You still love your pink Dora blankey, although its in pretty rough shape since you sleep with it and take it everywhere with you. We bought you a new one exactly the same. You still love your old one, but like the new one too. You also like a pink and purple one that your uncle Billy gave you for Christmas. Last night you were asking for it in bed. You said "that's --- the --- blankey --- billy -- gave --- me".

Talking So Much

You are talking so much now. You now can repeat everything we say… sometimes you struggle with the bigger new words, but you can still repeat them in such a way that we can understand what you are saying. You talk all the time. You are also getting so animated in your body language. You can be bold sometimes when you want something or what us to read you a book … you will say a demanding "Aaa - Reead - Itt", or will say something in a demanding voice when you want something to eat. We just tell you to ask nice, and you will ask in a sweet voice, and say "pleeeaaaaase" in a cute way. You're always repeating what we say or asking us questions in a cute voice. I love when you ask questions. Its always in a cute inquisitive voice and you voice goes higher at the end of what you are asking, with a cute questioning intonation.

You are so polite, always saying "theek you", "theek you daddeee" and "theek you mommy" or sometimes you say it like "seeeek you".

You also so "no theek you" when you don't want something that we offer to you. So cute!

Its pretty amazing because you are so sincere. You seem to know what "thank you" means, and you mean it when you say it.

You also say bless you when someone sneezes. I'm not sure exactly how you say it, but its something like "bessss uuuu". You have even said it when Mommy sneezes when shes in another room.

I have to start taking more videos of you talking so we can look someday. Its always hard to describe how you talk in writing. Its also hard to capture your cute talking on video too. It works best when I can keep the camera hidden when I'm recording you.

Playfully Bad

You can be spitefully and playfully bad. If I lift you to the sink and wash your hands, you run away when I try to dry your hands. You run away laughing and squealing. Its hard to get you to sit down in your chair at the kitchen table. You'll stand up and look at us with a smug grin. You sit back down when we tell you to. Its so funny to watch you… so proud of yourself. When you stand up on something, I sometimes ask you if you are supposed to be standing up… you smirk and slowly shake you heard "no".

Excited on the Phone

Today, you are at Nana and Grumpy's, and you were on Wednesday too. I was just talking to Mommy on the phone and you wanted to talk to me. You came on the phone saying "Dadddeee Dadddeee Dadddeee …. Daddeee Daddee!" Its pretty cute. I talked to you the other day too and you said the same thing but were also saying "My Daddee … My Daddeee!" After you said all that, you were pretty quiet. That's your usual… once you get on the phone with Grammie or Jenna or someone, you just listen quietly.

Excited to See Daddeee

Its so cute when I pick you up at Nikki's. You are sometimes waiting for me right behind the door. Other times when you see me, you come running with your arms out… you jump into my arms, hug me and say "Daddeee Dadddeee Dadddeeee Daddeee Dadddeee!".

Nikki Do That

Nikki often puts your hair in cute piggy tails. When we talk about your piggys, you say "Nikki Do That".

I Love My Daddy & Mommy

You now say that you love Mommy and Daddy. I say to you "I love my Emma" and you then say "I love my Daddeee".

Brother or Sister

I've asked you a number of times if Mommy's new baby is going to be a sister or a brother. You've guessed both, but you've said brother more times as a guess. We'll have to wait and see.

I love you little baby!
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment