Saturday, January 22, 2011

Artist and Painting Hands & Feet

Hi My Little Artist!

Tonight I brought out some paints, brushes and canvases. I wanted to get you to paint a picture, and I also wanted to get some impressions of your hands and feet. You loved painting on the canvas.


You were OK with me painting your hand and pushing it onto a canvas, but you did not want to get your feet painted. I asked you a bunch of times and you kept replying “NO!”.

You were so proud of your painting. You kept turning it towards me and saying “look daddeee!”. You kept asking for more paint. You’d say “more green” or “more yellow”, etc.
Your painting turned out pretty darn good. I should have stopped you a little earlier. It was full of such nice colours, but all the brushing you did at the end blended the colours into a brown. I’ll probably let you add some colour to it some day.

At the same time, you and I also worked on a painting. It turned out pretty nice too.

We got an impression of each of your hands. I finally convinced to get your feet painted. I put a blank canvas on the floor and showed you how to walk on it. Once you were comfortable with that, I picked you up and Mommy rubbed your feet in the leftover paints from when we were painting. She then pushed your feet down on the canvas. We took two impressions. They turned out pretty nice too.

Here are the paintings of your hands and feet.


I love you cute baby!
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment